Vegan Tahini Roasted Brussel Sprouts
One of my favourite festive recipes and a great way to convert sprout-haters. The dressing is a game changer, and can be used on any roasted vegetable. I also use it to dress roasted cauliflower. This recipe is Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, and is suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians.
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Quick boil the sprouts for 3-5 mins in water, so they are a little softer.
- Drain and pop the sprouts on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle over your oil of choice evenly over the sprouts and roast for 20 mins at 200c – make sure to toss every 7 minutes or so. Take out of the oven when crispy and browning.
- Whilst they cook, make the dressing. Whisk the mustard, tahini, pinch of salt and balsamic together into a paste. Continually mix whilst adding a little warm water until you get a sauce like consistency.
- Serve the sprouts hot and drizzle over the tahini dressing. Sprinkle with a few dried cranberries and pecans and serve!
- 2 handfuls of Brussels Sprouts
- Oil of choice for baking ( I use avocado oil – link to amazon store)
- 2 tbsp of runny Tahini
- 1 tbsp French Mustard
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Dried cranberries & pecans optional