Summertime Quinoa Salad
The perfect summer salad to keep your blood sugar balanced and help you feel energised.
Quinoa is a slow-release
carbohydrate which won’t spike your blood sugar levels like
other grains. Plus the addition of plant protein from the quinoa and nuts helps to keep
you full and satiated.
- 50g quinoa
- 2 x garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 pack of asparagus tips
- 70g green beans
- 100g of edamame beans
- 50g of radishes
- 75g of chopped pistachios
- Juice of one lemon/lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of miso paste
- 40g of pomegranate seeds
- Pumpkin seeds to top
1. Cook the quinoa, following the instructions on the pack. Whilst it cooks, steam the
asparagus and green beans for 4 minutes until tender. Once the quinoa is cooked,
take off the heat and let cool. Stir in the asparagus and green beans.
2. Whilst the quinoa and veg cool, in a large frying pan, fry the garlic and onion with
the olive oil for 10 minutes until brown. Add in the lemon/lime juice and miso
paste and stir. Finally, add in the edamame beans and fry for 5 minutes.
3. Mix in the fried mixture into the cooled quinoa and stir well. Next, add in the spring
onions, radishes and pomegranate seeds.
4. Top with the chopped pistachios and a sprinkle of seeds and a touch of pepper and