Healthy Vegan Magnum Ice Creams
Who doesn’t want a healthy magnum ice cream?
These super creamy and naturally sweetened vegan Magnum bars will keep you refreshed this summer, along with satisfying that sweet tooth. I have always loved a Magnum ice cream in the summer, so when I was thinking of summer time recipes to start developing – this was a no brainer. They are gluten free, dairy free, low in added sugars and all-round delicious!
- 150g cashews, soaked overnight or for 4-6 hours
- 200g – 1/2 can full-fat coconut milk
- 60g maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100-200g of 70 plus dark chocolate – depends on size of ice cream moulds
- Peanut butter/chopped hazelnuts to top – optional
- Ice-cream moulds needed
1. Melt 50g of the dark chocolate and pour into the ice cream moulds – a thin layer on the bottom and cover the sides. An option here is to add chopped hazelnut pieces to the chocolate, so you have a crunchy layer. The amount of chocolate you need here depends on the size of your ice cream moulds. Don’t forget to add in your ice cream sticks here. Pop in the freezer for one hour.
2. In a blender, blend together the soaked cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until you get a thick liquid. If too thick add a few splashes of water. The liquid should be the consistency of a thick smoothie.
3. Take out the ice cream moulds and fill with the cashew coconut mixture leaving 1/2 a cm distance from the top. Pop in the freezer for one hour.
4. Melt the other half of the dark chocolate, and take the ice cream moulds out. Pour a layer of dark chocolate over the top of the moulds, until they are full.
5. Place back in the freezer for one hour or until solid enough to take out of the mould.
6. Take out and let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy! Top with melted peanut butter if desired.