Healthy Home-made Dark Chocolate Easter Eggs
What better way to celebrate the Easter weekend than with these home-made healthy Easter eggs?
These home-made dark chocolate Easter eggs are so easy and fun to make, in addition to them being vegan, gluten-free, dairy and refined sugar-free.
I hope you enjoy and Happy Easter!
- 100g of 70% plus dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 30g frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Mulberries, Pecans, Caco nibs, Roasted Hazelnuts – or any other filling of choice
- Melt 50g of the dark chocolate until all smooth and line each of your easter egg moulds with a layer of dark chocolate – pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Whilst freezing, make the chia jam. In a pan heat the frozen raspberries until they have defrosted. Remove and add to a bowl and mix in the chia seeds. Let it set for 20 minutes until it forms a gel. May need stirring.
- Make the salted peanut butter caramel. In a bowl mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup and a good pinch of sea salt. Put aside.
- Melt the other 50g of dark chocolate.
- Take out the easter egg moulds and fill each egg with 1 tbsp of filling of choice. Pour the rest of the melted chocolate over each Easter egg until the moulds are full.
- Pop in the freezer for an hour or until solid and set.
- To enjoy take out and let sit for 15 minutes.