Gluten Free Banana And Chocolate Crumble
Ah, the humble crumble – a British go-to winter dessert. I have always loved crumble, and as a kid would sneakily serve crust only and avoid the fruit – anyone else? I have taken this traditional dessert and healthed it up using lots of fibre rich ingredients, less sugar and added a decadent hit of dark chocolate. This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and suitable for both Vegetarians and Vegans. Enjoy.
- Preheat your oven to 180c
- Chop up 5 bananas into slices and pop into a pan with 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil. Begin to pan fry, constantly flipping the bananas. Sprinkle 1 tsp of cinnamon evenly. Remove the bananas when they start going golden and gooey.
- In a 26cm baking tray (I use this one) pop in the bananas and top with the shredded coconut and 50g of dark chocolate chips (this is my favourite). Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, make the topping mix by adding in the jumbo oats, ground almonds, sunflower seeds, chopped roasted hazelnuts and 2 tbsps of Cocoa/Cacao.
- In a small bowl melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil and mix in 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Add the coconut and maple syrup mixture to the topping mixture until you get a crumbly, delicious texture.
- Evenly spread the topping mixture over the banana mixture in the baking tray.
- Pop in the pre-heated oven and cook for 35 minutes – you will know it is ready as it starts to brown evenly on the top.
- Serve warm, with a side of ice-cream, yogurt, oatly cream or even as a delicious, warming breakfast by itself!