Crunchy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Easter Eggs
Everyone’s favourite flavour combination comes together in these easy and delicious no-bake crunchy peanut butter filled chocolate eggs.
This vegan recipe is a delicious and fun way to celebrate Easter with your family and friends, combining the rich and velvety flavour of dark chocolate with the nutty and salty taste of peanut butter and an added crunch from wholegrain rice cakes to create a mouth-watering dessert that everyone will love.
- 3 wholegrain rice cakes
- 90g of 70% plus dark chocolate
- 5 tbsps of runny peanut butter – needs to be runny!
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt – optional
- Melt 50% of your dark chocolate and fill your Easter Egg molds with enough chocolate to coat the edges – you want enough choc to give a good edge but not to fill the whole mold! Pop in the freezer for 20 mins.
- Whilst the chocolate is freezing, blitz your rice cakes into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowel, mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, and pinch of salt well, before then mixing in the blitzed rice cakes – you can use your hands to really mix the ingredients up.
- Take the chocolate egg mold out of the freezer and fill each egg with the peanut rice cake mixture until nearly full but not entirely.
- Next take the rest of your melted chocolate and fill the egg molds to the top.
- Pop back in the freezer for 20 minutes or until the top is fully hardened. Take out and let sit for 10 minutes before enjoying!