Paleo Courgette Loaf – Dairy and Gluten Free!
This paleo Courgette loaf brings me wonderful childhood memories. My mum’s courgette loaf would come out of the oven all gooey, sweet and delicious!
My favourite part is that you would never know there was courgette in it, but it’s also a great addition, with the ground almonds, and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar.
Courgette is a fantastic addition to baked goods, adding in lots of moisture and getting in a couple of servings of green veggies from your cake too.
This loaf is delicious, and can work as a snack, for breakfast or even as a dessert. It’s a great all-round loaf to have lying around to eat for any occasion, in addition to it being free from dairy, gluten and refined sugars.
3 small courgettes shredded
70g of coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g of ground almonds/almond flour
5 tbsp of melted coconut oil
Dark choc chips
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tin
- Shred courgettes and make sure to remove all the moisture with a cloth/paper towel
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour, sugar, baking powder and the bicarb well
- In another bowl mix the 2 eggs, vanilla and coconut oil
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well- Then add the courgettes. Walnuts thrown in are optional
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and pour over chocolate chips
- Bake for 50 minutes. Let the cake cool completely before serving and enjoy!