Tart Cherry and Almond Crumble
In honour of World Sleep Day, I’ve created this delicious crumble that’s packed with sleep promoting ingredients and low in sugar, so it makes the perfect option to hit that after dinner sweet craving.
Did you know that tart cherries are one of nature’s only sources of melatonin, the hormone that helps you fall asleep?
Or that almonds are a source of magnesium, a mineral that promotes relaxation?
And if that wasn’t enough, oats are a source of tryptophan, an amino acid that is converted into serotonin, which relaxes the body for sleep! Enjoy…
- 300g tart cherries – frozen or fresh
- 80g jumbo oats
- 120g ground almonds
- 80ml maple syrup or not too fragrant honey
- 80ml meted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 40g flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180
- Mix cherries with lemon juice
- Pour into baking dish
- In large bowl mix the oats, ground almonds melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, salt and flaked almonds. Mix until crumbly form. If too dry add touch more coconut and maple, if too wet add more oats or almond flour.
- Pour crumble topping over cherries in the dish and evenly spread over the top
- Bake for 40 mins.
- Let cool for 15 mins before serving with yogurt or creme fraiche