These cookies are one of my latest creations, and I am in loveeee. Packed with fibre from the oat flour, natural sweetness from
the date sugar and cranberries and crunch from the macadamia nuts – my absolute favourite nut!
These make the perfect go-to for that 3pm pick me up that will give you energy and hit that craving spot. Perfect for after school treats too!
I always strive to buy organic ingredients or wholefoods that I want to get my hands on without spending a fortune.
I recently came across Buy Wholefoods Online that deliver wonderful organic ingredients, perfect for stocking up on all my baking needs! Check out their amazing stock www.buywholefoodsonline.com
INGREDIENTS – makes 12 cookies
🥄2 tsp vanilla extract
🥚1 large egg
🍯 4 tbsp of date sugar (you can sub for other sugars)
🥥1/2 cup coconut oil
🌾1 and 1/2 cups oat flour (can blend regular oats into a flour)
🥄1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
🥄½ tsp baking powder
🥄1 tsp cinnamon
🍒1/4 cup of dried fruit of choice (can be subbed for chocolate)
🌰¼ cup of macadamia nuts (you can sub)
1. In a large bowl add the vanilla extract, egg, and date sugar. Melt the coconut oil and let it cool slightly before adding to the bowl. Mix everything together until combined.
2. Stir in the oat flour, bicarb and baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Stir until just combined and then fold in the dried fruit.
4. Chill the dough for at least one hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C.
6. Split the dough into round balls and place on a baking paper lined cooking tray.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until starting to golden around the edges.
8. Remove and allow to cool before removing and devouring!
Enjoy and please do let me know your thoughts!
A huge thanks to Buy Wholefoods Online for the gifted delivery of ingredients