Paleo Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread
This moist, grain-free, gluten free and dairy-free paleo banana bread is made with only a few other simple ingredients including tahini and dark chocolate. It is perfect served with a cup of tea or some yoghurt for breakfast.
- 3 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 70g runny tahini
- 80g grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 40g cacao/cocoa flour
- 150g ground almonds/almond flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 50g of 70% plus dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a loaf tin
- Whisk together the mashed bananas, tahini, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the almond flour, cocoa/cacao, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until fully mixed.
- Chuck in the chocolate chips and mix
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf pan and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- ENJOY warm with ice cream or yogurt at breakfast, lunch, inbetweens or for dessert!