How to Make Healthy Hot Chocolate – Vegan and Dairy Free
The perfect healthy hot chocolate recipe has arrived! Afterall, it is that time of year, when chocolate and anything warm is the best combination.
This recipe is my favourite healthy hot chocolate recipe that’s both vegan and dairy free! This dairy free hot chocolate recipe is made with a mix of both plant based milk and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup or raw honey. The perfect warmer during the chilly winter months!
- 250ml of milk of choice – I opt for unsweetened almond milk here
- 2 ½ tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa/raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional – 1/4 tsp maca powder, adaptogen blends, other spices such as cardamom
- Warm your chosen milk on the stove over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Let Simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine until a consistent colour
- Heat for another 1-2 minutes and serve
- Optional – add some whipped cream (I used oatly whipped cream), sprinkle of cacao or cocoa nibs or cinnamon on top and serve.