Healthy Grain Free and Paleo Tahini Swirl Brownies
I LOVE tahini. Tahini on everything is a thumbs up from me. And what better than Tahini brownies? It comes naturally to me that you would pair two of my favourite foods together – chocolate and tahini. The blend is on the lines of a savoury sweet mix, and the tahini acts like a nut butter would in other paleo brownie recipes.
Tahini is a wonderful source of nutrients including calcium – great for those on plant-based diets as well as being a source of copper which plays a role in red blood cell formation and healthy fats.
My favourite tahini is the runny kind, and it makes the perfect moist tahini brownies, which you can find here.
- 1/2 cup runny tahini
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking pan with baking paper.
2. In a bowl mix the coconut sugar, tahini, vanilla and eggs together well. Mix together until smooth and thick.
3. Then lightly mix in the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
4 . Fold in the chocolate chips and any additional nuts if wanted
5. Spread the fudgy like mixture into the baking pan and smooth down until consistent and flat
6. Pop in the oven and bake for 20 minutes
7. Take out and let cool before chopping up and serving. For extra tahini love, drizzle a spoon or too of runny tahini over your brownies to enjoy!