Collagen Ferrero Rocher Balls Recipe – Vegan, Gluten Free
Ferrero Rocher balls were a childhood favorite of mine, and they always remind me of the lead-up to the festive season. Spotting their cute little gold wrappers, mounted in a triangle on the lounge coffee table or in the supermarket aisles were the sign that Christmas is coming.
Now I am a fully-fledged adult, I am always looking for ways to enjoy my childhood favorites, but with a healthed up twist. These replica Ferrero Rocher balls are lower in sugar, vegan, gluten and grain free, high in antioxidants, polyphenols and magnesium and are packed with a secret ingredient – collagen! Need any other reasons to gobble these up?
Collagen is fantastic for hair, skin, nails and if using bovine sources, for your gut too! So this recipe is a secret way to sneak collagen in without having to fuss over adding it into your daily regime.
Find my favourite collagen brands on my shop – www.clarissalenherr.com/shop
- 40g hazelnut or almond butter – make sure not too dry – if dry add 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp collagen powder – optional – if omitted can use protein powder or 1 x extra cacao/cocoa tbsp
- 60g of ground almonds or ground hazelnuts
- Pinch of sea salt
- 10 roasted or raw hazelnuts
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 40g of dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix the nut butter, cacao powder, maple syrup and sea salt
- Then add in the 2 tbsp of collagen and ground almonds and mix well until a thick batter/paste like texture
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls – either 7 large balls or 12 small balls and place a whole hazelnut in the centre and cover with more dough
- Pop the balls in the freezer for 1h
- Take the balls out the freezer and melt the dark chocolate and pop the chopped hazelnuts in a bowl
- Dunk each ball into the dark chocolate, then roll into the chopped hazelnuts until covered and pop onto a plate lined with baking paper
- Pop into the fridge for 1h and take out for 10 minutes before enjoying!